Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Things That Were Heard - Thanksgiving 2010

It will take me a bit to get around to uploading/editing photos and writing the blogs to go along with my family Thanksgiving WEEK+ in NYC. In the meantime, I thought I'd share with you some things that were heard, rather than seen during the Holiday vacay....

Sweetest Words...
Beau -- "SuSu, I like you."
Me -- "I like you too, Beau!"
Beau -- "I am glad we are all the same family."
Melt my heart.

Foulest Language...
Beau, describing his ice skating experience to KayKay -- "I did a firefart!"
We have no idea where he picked that one up, but he was pretty adamant that it is NOT a potty word, rather an ice skating term.

Maybe Brian should have taken the Foulest Language crown....
Upon my arrival at 6AM to the parade route, I witness Brian in a strange ladies face saying "Back off bi***!"
Yeah, I was slightly worried how the rest of our 3.5 hours of waiting was going to go. Luckily, that first minute was the worst of it.

Ryder's Sweet Dreams....
Ryder, early one morning -- "SuSu, do you have ice skates?"
Me -- "No, I don't own my own ice skates."
Ryder -- "No, no. I mean can you get me some ice skates? You know, at that place where you work?"
Me -- "Well, maybe. I'm not sure if we have any in your size, but I'll check! What made you think of this idea?"
Ryder -- "I just dreamed about it!"

Funniest Sound...
The very loud boom & pop at the parade when the caterpillar balloon handlers decided to get fancy and run circles with him right in front of us. They ran him straight into a one-way street sign. Hilarious!

Random Comment....
Dad, as the Pillsbury Doughboy balloon came down the street -- "Guess it's time to pop open a can of biscuits."

Big Demands...
KayKay, while telling the story of Snow White to the boys one night had to stop several times and say "I can't remember what happens next, so we'll just skip to the next part."
Ryder: "Maybe you should just tell us The Three Bears. You know that one!"

Most Tense Moment...
Brian, in an anxious tone..."Where's the backpack?"
Beth... "Oh, no."
Susan..."Beth, did you leave it on the park bench?"
Brian...no words, but his face turned the brightest red I've ever seen.
Luckily, they ran back to the bench and found it...everything intact.

Ryder's response to most questions...
Ryder, what was your favorite balloon? "Um...all of it!"
Ryder, what was your favorite train? "Um....all of it!"
Ryder, what was the coolest thing you saw from Top of the Rock? "Um...all of it!"

Parting Words....
Me: "Beau, I'm not going to get to see you again. You're going back to Dallas tomorrow."
Beau, in his best whiny voice: "Owhhh. But I like you!"

4 comments:

tonya said...

How very fun!!! What an absolutely fun post!!!

jessica said...

Sweetest post ever! I laughed out loud at the Three Bears comment.

nicole said...

Oh MY. After the parade memories I have of Mammaw taking the (4?5?3?) of us to a parade and getting in some man's face, and how embarrassing that was for Beth THEN..I can't imagine how embarrassing this may have been! :)

Susan said...

Oh yes, Nicole...I definitely had flashbacks to that same parade memory with Mammaw. I think we must have been 8 because weren't we there to see Mary Lou Retton? And she won Gold in 1984 (I just googled it). In this case, it was actually the lady who was out of line and she was there with her 13ish aged daughter who was SO embarrassed. I felt SO sorry for her and could definitely remember how I felt that day with Mammaw!!