The Christmas we spent in Monarch, CO with my aunt, uncle, and cousins was a great one! So fun to all be staying together in a cabin in the middle of the mountains on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. There were 16-17 of us staying together, including 2 tiny babies. We skiied, ate well, and played lots of games. We also had some adventures in snowmobiling. Because there were so many of us, we had to go in 2 groups at different times. The first group to go consisted of Beth & Brian and Nicole & Jason and their 2 oldest children. They came home and said it was so easy-going and fun. So, the next group set out...mom & I, Nathan & Amy, and Becky & Chris. We had no kids with us like the first group and apparently that put us on the more extreme ride! It was really scary. My mom and I got thrown off our snowmobile pretty hard at least 2 times and my mom got the biggest bruise I've ever seen! And even worse....Aunt Becky broke her ankle on the ride!! It was crazy. And, unfortunately, that experience instilled in me a hatred for snowmobiling. Kind of wish I had been with the 1st group!

3 comments:
Sounded fun at first, but I don't think this is my sport either. Glad you are OK.
-Rene
It's funny how the same events have different perspectives! I still love snowmobiling! Of course, I haven't done it SINCE then....
Except that you were on the EASY ride Nicole! Ours was super scary!!
Post a Comment