Saturday, December 18, 2010

Advent Memories Day 18 : Christmas Tea

One year while living in Dallas, I decided to host a Christmas Tea in my apartment.  I sent out invitations (real ones...in the mail!).  I think there ended up being 16 or 18 girls at my apartment that day.  It was a tight squeeze, but I added 2 tables in my living room and we made it work.  I got to put all my Christmas dishes and glasses to use for the occasion.  For teacups, I borrowed from my grandmothers stash.  She had several different sets of china and they all had teacups and saucers.  I loved the idea of having a variety of teacups, so I borrowed several from her.  I made two kinds of tea...a cold Almond flavored one (it's delish!) and a hot peachy flavored one that was also quite good.  For food, I went the traditional English tea route.  We started with plates full of mini sandwiches...cucumber on white, chicken salad on pumpernickel, and egg salad on wheat.  The next course was scones...my only time to make scones, but they were so easy.  I just made plain scones and served them with berries and whipped cream...so yum.  The final course was the mini desserts...chocolate covered strawberries, mini tarts, and sugar cookies (of course I can't have a party without sugar cookies!).  It was such a fun party and I've been wanting to have another tea party ever since!

2 comments:

tonya said...

I loved that tea party - SO much fun!

Anonymous said...

I remember it . . . loved it!

~Brooke