Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Advent Memories Day 15 : Special Guests
My Junior year of college, I was blessed to have 2 of my roommates come up to Columbia for a few days of the Holiday break. It was so much fun to be able to show my two very best friends (at the time) where I was from. I lived with Becca for 2.5 years and Sara for 3 years....we were very close friends. And, well, Becca is probably my closest friend ever (there are a couple others who come darn close, though!). The girls flew in to Kansas City on the same flight from Dallas (Sara is from Dallas and Becca flew to Dallas from Amarillo). I picked them up in KC and we all jumped for joy and hugged...not just because we were all together in Missouri, but Becca had gotten engaged a few days prior...my first friend to get engaged, and my best friend, at that! We spent some time on the KC Plaza before driving to CoMo. I can't remember what we did in Columbia, other than eating pizza at Shakespeare's one day...of, course! I also remember it was extremely hot and we put on shorts and took my car to the DIY car wash. After a couple of days in Columbia, the girls had the privilege of driving back to Dallas with me. I thought they were going to DIE about 1/2 way through Oklahoma. I'd been doing the trip at least twice a year since I was three, so I was used to it and never thought much of it. And once I started doing it on my own, I found the long drive kind of therapeutic. They thought it was the worst thing ever. Too funny. But, it was so great to spend part of the Holidays with my best friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment