Friday, December 03, 2010
Advent Memories Day 3 : Rocking the Babes
At some point during my junior high or high school years, my mom took on the volunteer job as the nursery coordinator at our church. This meant that I was often the "on-call" nursery worker. During the years that we spent Christmas in Columbia, there was often a need for a nursery worker on Christmas Eve and I was often the one to fill that role. My mom never made me do it and although I've always loved Christmas Eve church services, I usually didn't mind missing the service to stay with the babies. And, actually, during our CoMo Christmases, my family often went to both the 6pm service and also the midnight service because they were different and it was just the 4 of us and we had nothing else to do! The nursery was only open during the earlier service, so I still got to go to the late night one. Most parents chose to take their toddlers or older kids to this special service, but there was always a baby or two left in the nursery. And there was something so sweet about rocking a baby in my arms in the quietness of the church while waiting for the service to end. Silent Night, indeed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment