Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Advent Memories Day 21 : Christmas Plays
As with most young children, when my sister and I got together with our cousins, we loved to put on a show! At Christmas, it was usually some sort of Christmas play. I remember one year that we spent Christmas Eve huddled in a room writing a play and coming up with costumes. I can't remember what it was about exactly, but there were elves and a reindeer and I think my sister was Mrs. Claus. My family never had a video recorder, but my Aunt & Uncle always had one and they always recorded our plays and we loved to watch them after our big show. This particular year, Amy was probably 4 or 5 and she was our little elf. In one part of the play, she was just supposed to be standing there, but she started making funny faces and pulling her mouth wide with her fingers and sticking her tongue out. The rest of us were very serious about our parts and completely oblivious that this was going on behind us. When we played our big show back on the TV, we thought she was the funniest thing we'd ever seen! We watched it over and over and over again and laughed until we cried. So fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I still have the videos and get a kick out of ALL the plays that you all put on.
Post a Comment