Friday, December 24, 2010
Advent Memories Day 24 : Best Gift!
A year after Beth got married, I moved into the building they were living in. It is a 4-plex that Brian owns and a unit had become vacant and I loved it and Brian offered a little family discount. I have fond memories of living across the hall from them for a year. That year, my parents came in to Dallas for Christmas. We celebrated Christmas Eve as a family and my Uncle Don came along. This was during the period of Christmases where Beth and I would fight over which church service we were going to go to. She wanted to go to the one at her church and I wanted to go to the one at mine. But, we wanted to go as a family! So, we usually ended up going to both :) After church, we did something a little different and went to dinner at The Melting Pot. It was a fabulous fondue meal! At some point during the meal, Beth announced that she and Brian were giving me a small Christmas gift early. I thought this was very strange as Beth and I usually just give each other one gift or maybe two small things and always on Christmas Day. But, of course, I wasn't going to turn down an early gift! It was a tiny little gift and inside was a small Christmas ornament that was a frame. Inside the frame she had written a little something. I can't remember exactly what it said, but it was my first indication that she was pregnant. I burst in to tears right in the middle of the restaurant! I was so excited. My parents had already been told, but my Uncle just sees me crying and he keeps saying "Oh my gosh. What is it? This must be the best gift our family has ever given!" Ha! Best gift, indeed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment