Thursday, December 23, 2010

Advent Memories Day 23 : Parties!

My crew of friends in Dallas were really good about hosting and/or attending Christmas parties.  I always had multiple throughout the Holiday season and I loved it.  It's one thing I missed when I moved to New York, but I'm finally in a groove there and had a few different ones this year...yea!  In Dallas, the parties varied...I remember a very fun dinner party one year, my Bible study group had a party each year, usually our Sunday School class had a party - one year it was super fancy, and then random friends would have other parties of their own.  These parties were always such a great time with good friends who I loved.

One of my favorite parts of the parties were the Chinese Christmas Exchanges...primarily the ornament exchanges and cookie exchanges.  I always loved shopping for and finding the perfect ornament for these parties and I always wanted to have one that was liked by all in attendance..if it got stolen multiple times, it was a success!!  I also wanted to end up with one I loved - which usually happened.  I love my collection of Christmas ornaments...from the ones I won at these parties to ones I've received as gifts to ones I bought on vacations (my favorite souvenir), they always bring back special memories.

And the cookie exchanges...oh, my!  I always left with so many delicious goodies to taste and always had some to take to family or to my co-workers.  The best part was all the recipes...I've got tons in my recipe drawer now!

No comments: