Friday, April 30, 2010

Rrrroooomba!

So, my friends who visited last weekend will be surprised to hear that I'm in a relationship. I didn't tell them while they were here simply because I didn't yet realize it. Tuesday morning as I was getting ready for work, I had my Roomba doing it's job of keeping my floors clean. I was trying to stay out of its way but at one point I accidentally bumped into it. When I did, I looked down at it and said "Sorry, babe!" So, yeah, apparently my Roomba is the closest thing I have to a relationship.  Sigh.
 
I do have to say that I am loving my Roomba. It is the greatest thing ever. I have a really hard time keeping my floors clean - NYC is dirty and dusty and it shows up quickly on my wood floors. Not to mention the days I come in from the rain or snow and bring a wet mess with me. My rugs were pretty filthy and no matter what I did I could not get them clean by beating them or using my dust buster. The Roomba, however, has taken care of everything. I love that I can just turn it on and let it do its thing while I do other things. And it does such a great job! I used to always wear flip flops or sandals or slippers around my apartment because I hate the feel of dirt on the bottom of my feet. Now, I am comfortable going barefoot and I don't get little pieces of dirt or dust on my feet. Love it! And I think my feet are going to love it as well...my feet have gone through some trauma since moving to NYC and I think the fact that they went 4 years with rarely being free from shoes has taken its toll. Hoping this new freedom helps them feel a bit better! 

6 comments:

Maggie said...

he's so dreamy...

jessica said...

I wish you would have told me about him because I've been considering one! I would have wanted a demonstration! Which one do you have? My new apartment will have a combo of concrete floors and rugs and by the sounds of things, Roomba would be perfect!

amy d said...

i have been eye balling him for a while now...glad to know he really does work!

Anonymous said...

So happy for the two of you. How lucky you are to find someone who will help clean!

Elizabeth

Kate said...

that's fantastic. i know someone else here in chicago who is in love with her roomba. i saw a demonstration at a party at her place. : )
do your rugs have fringe edges? That's my only question - could the roomba handle fringe?

I am surprised by what you say about your feet, though. I find I have the opposite problem -- feet very unhappy with me for going barefoot (gives me plantar fasciitis) or wearing only flip flops (wrecks havoc on the skin of my heels).

Susan said...

Well, I was pretty much just wearing flip-flops around the house for the past 4 years. Plus, wearing them a lot out during the summer. Flip-flops are bad news for the feet. I have pretty well weeded most flip-flops out of my shoe selection. I have the starts of a bunion on one foot and a hammer toe on each foot. Flip-flops are known to cause all of these.