March Madness was a lot of fun this year! It helps when you have a team do really well. I don't think anyone can believe Baylor made it to the Elite 8. That's quite a come-back from 2003 when they lost their entire team after the players started killing each other (literally). Hoping they have many good years to come...but, acknowledging the bad luck cloud that seems to hover over all Baylor athletics. I was only able to make it out to one Baylor watch-party. I haven't seen so many Bears in one place since college...especially in NYC. It was great! What a way to start showing some spirit, BU alums! And all that hype with the boys overflowed into the girls play...Final Four with 3 freshman starters?? We're totally the next UConn.
I joined the office Bracket Pool. I had high hopes since the only other time I've done a pool I won the entire thing! I won a George Foreman out of it that time. This time there was big bucks at stake and I just knew I had the skillz to win.
Well, it actually turns out I'm not an expert when it comes to Brackets. Say what? It's true, I lost this one big time. If only I had supported my own team when I filled out the Bracket I would have been at least a little higher up on the list. I played the bad luck card and was wrong. I even tried to convince my boss (who had Baylor in the Championship game) that he was making a big mistake. These east coasters just couldn't grasp the bad luck factor. In fact, some of them were pretty ignorant about where/what Baylor is at all. Hellloooo....It's the largest Baptist University in the world! (just kidding...I don't know what half their schools are either and I'm sure they're great schools).
No comments:
Post a Comment