Friday, April 16, 2010

Village Voice Choice Eats


Lucy, Amanda, Jessica, and I went to Village Voice Choice Eats in March. I've been looking forward to going to this ever since I heard about it last year. A ton of great restaurants come in and provide food and drink samples. It was amazing!! Other than the fact that it was super crowded and hot and by the end of the evening my feet were aching. But, seriously, it was fun and good food. And a great way to find out about restaurants in this restaurant saturated city.  As if I need to add to my already ever growing list of restaurants to check out. Here are some of the my favorites from the night:

Sandwich from Cheeky Sandwich in the Lower East Side.
What can go wrong when fried goat chesse is involved?
Paired with a yam spread, beets and arugula...yum! 
Pulled pork with cole slaw from Juliette in
Williamsburg, BK. This was yummy, but I
especially loved the cute rectangular matchboxes
they were giving out (in background)
This noodle dish was so good!  It came
from Bamboo Pavilion in Brooklyn.
I also loved the chorizo sandwich from Despana in Soho. 

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but Ta Cocina was there serving brisket tacos and I have to admit that they rivaled those from Dallas' Mi Cocina.  Never thought I'd say something that complimentary about mexcian food in NYC.

So, those were just a few of the delicious bites we tried that evening.  Fun night!

No comments: