Today is my NYC 4-year Anniversary. Crazy! It doesn't feel like 4 years at all. I can't believe I'm well on my way to hitting the 7-year mark I hit living in Dallas post-college. I sometimes wonder if I'll get the 7-year-itch like I got in Dallas. And, yes, as of now, I could easily see making it to that 7-year mark. The only goal I have for myself at this point is to stay at the NHL a total of 5-years, just because I've never been at a job that long and at this age it would probably be pretty smart to become fully vested in a benefit plan (okay, VERY smart). My 5-year anniversary as an employee at the NHL will be January 2012. I don't really have a reason to leave anyway. I love this place and my job and am quite comfortable and happy here. I never run out of things I want to see or do (or eat!), so I can't really imagine becoming bored here. Occasionally I long for more closet space, but most of the time I enjoy having much less space to clean! For me, for now, it's perfect. So, happy 4-years to me!!
Annnnd, my NYC anniversary has served a great purpose in helping me remember what a special day this is for other special people in my life, so Happy 6th Anniversary to Maggie & Mike and Jennifer & Todd. And Happy Birthday to Miriam! Love you all!
1 comment:
thanks for the shout out!
Post a Comment