Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Housekeeping 125th Anniversary Gala

I got to go to another fun Gala show last week.  Joy and I bought the cheap tickets just to go to the show (not the fancy reception afterwards).  It was so much fun!  They basically did a tribute to women who have done amazing things over the past 125 years.  It was a great show with so many great speakers giving tributes to the women of our past.  However, I also kept thinking to myself that many of the women accomplished things that I'm not so sure we should be celebrating.  It just reminded me that the things this world views as successful are often not the things that I, as a Christian, should view as success.  Nonetheless, it was a fun night of star-gazing.

Brooke Shields hosted the show and she is the only person I got a picture of.  I got in trouble for taking that picture and although a ton of people were taking pictures throughout the show, I wasn't going to try again and risk being thrown out!


Other celebrities who were there included:

- Martha Stewart
- Meryl Streep
- Jessica Simpson (Poor girl, her dress was so not flattering and she looked terribly uncomfortable).
- Hilary Duff (she kind of made me a fan that night.  she looked great and spoke so well).
- Kristen Bell
- Nora Ephron
- Anika Noni Rose (also loved this girl!)
- Marlo Thomas
- Dorothy Hamill was honored and stood up in the audience
- Kelli O'Hara did a musical performance
- Candice Bergen
- Marlee Matlin
- Aretha Franklin sang at the end

It was a very entertaining show.  I love being able to go to fun things like this!

No comments: