Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ryder's Big Week



So, last week was a very big week in the life of little Ryder! He had his very first birthday on Wednesday! I was told they celebrated with chocolate donuts (his first) for breakfast and by the time I called to wish him happy birthday, his tummy was aching a bit. He's having his big birthday party this coming Saturday and I'm using one of my free flights to go back for the celebration. It's a 70's party because Ryder is a little "Love Bug". I think they know someone with an old Love Bug that's going to be parked out front and (of course!) I'm icing who knows how many Love Bug shaped sugar cookies on Saturday morning. But that's not all! On Friday, it was confirmed that Ryder's going to be a big brother!! My sister is only about 6 weeks along- I've known for a while, but she had her first doctor appointment on Friday and heard the baby's heart beating. Also, Ryder had his 1-year doctor appointment and they found out he has jumped from the negative 3rd percentile to the 7th! So, he's starting to catch up now! Anyway, because he's just too cute, here are some pictures I took when I was in Texas about a month ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your sister is going to have her hands full. That sounds like a good time to me though. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Aunt Susan! I'm so happy for your family. I need to meet Ryder one of these days.