I feel like I talk about food way too much on this blog! But, it is a part of every day life. I've managed to eat out every night this week. Not really a good thing, but I've had trouble getting into the swing of things now that I finally have all my kitchen stuff here. Plus, most of my kitchen stuff is still not unpacked! The good thing is that I've been addicted to sushi and salad since I got here, so at least I'm healthy a lot of the time and all the walking is definitely helping, too! Luckily there is no shortage on good restaurants in NYC and I've gotten to try some fun ones this week- sometimes by myself and sometimes with others. Sunday, I went to a place called Burgers & Cupcakes. I had a turkey burger with avocado and it was delicious! I also had a cupcake and it was suprisingly good as well...probably don't need to add it to the list of the NYC great ones, but it hung in there pretty well. Monday, I went to a place called Say Cheese after going running in CP. It's a grilled cheese sandwich place and they have so many different kinds. Mine had tomato and a garlic spread and it was great-- definitely a place to go back to. I think I'll especially enjoy it in the winter when you can get 1/2 a grilled cheese and tomato soup! Last night was The Burger Joint in the Le Meridian Hotel. SUCH a cool place!!! It was a tiny little restaurant right off the hotel lobby and it was pretty dark in the restaurant and everything was wood. Very cool atmosphere. The burger was so good as was the shake! Lots of celebs have eaten there, but no one was there last night. After the Burger Joint, I also got to go see the movie "Water" at a cool little art-house theatre. It is a great movie! Go see it if you can find it playing near you. The theatre was really cute, too...we sat in the balcony! Tonight, in honor of my friends Amanda, Brooke, and Vorrice, I ate at an Indonesian restaurant down the street from my apartment. I had Nasi Goreng! It's basically a rice/veggie/chicken dish. It was good, but much more spicy than I remember the Nasi Goreng being in Indonesia. And everytime you order it in Indonesia they serve it with these puffy rice-cake like things, but the restaurant didn't do that. So, those have been my adventures in eating this week!
Other highlight of the week...my supervisor quit on Monday-- he works through the end of the month. This will really change up the dynamics for me in the office and should be pretty interesting to see how things play out.
3 comments:
I must seem like I just sit and wait for your blogs every day...I swear that isn't true. BUT I do check often because I am so entertained by your life in NYC. How pitiful!
So does part of the bad work situation have to do with the guy who just quit? I hope so - that way there is more hope for it to all get better. Bad work situations are the pits so I hope it all gets better.
All the food sounds delicious!
The cheese place sounds like Jason's kind of joint. IF we make it up there and IF he is with me, that will have to be on the list!
Nicole
I love Say Cheese!!! We would order it in for lunch when I was up there and I actually went to the actual place a couple of times. The Burger Joint is really fun too. I went there one day when I was staying at the Essex House.
Please try the PB&J place for me. I never did make it there but always wanted to. You also need to try Milk & Cookies. YUMMY!!!! Can make your own ice cream cookie sandwich and can even make your own dozen cookies.
Tonya
Post a Comment