My trip last weekend to Dallas was excellent-- too quick, but really good. My flights going and coming were delayed for various reasons. I was supposed to get there around 9:00 on Friday, but it ended up being more like 1am-- yuk! But, the good news is that I got an email this week from American apologizing for the delay and saying they were adding 7,000 miles to my AAdvantage account!!! Have you ever heard of such a thing? I spent most of the weekend with family and just a couple of hours at the pool and lunch at Chick-Fil-A on Saturday with some girlfriends. Ryder's party was a big success! All the kids who came especially seemed to have a good time. Since it was a 70's party, a lot of people dressed up. I know you're all dying to see a picture of Ryder in his afro, so here you go!


I threw together an outfit very last-minute. I got some bell-bottom jeans from a thrift store here in NYC and bought one of the retro-looking tops The Gap currently has right now. Then, I did little braids that wrapped around to the back and were tied with a bunch of long ribbons. Here's some more pics....one of me with my mom and sister, one with my sister and Brian, who had good costumes, and one of the birthday cake, which was incredible (a lady who is married to one of Brian's co-workers made it!)

I have not done too well at keeping up with my "1 new thing a week" promise. I was actually pretty sick last week before leaving for Dallas-- some sort of stomach virus. I spent 2 full days in bed (or the bathroom) and didn't feel much better the other days. So, I got absolutely nothing accomplished that week! This week, I did a little better. Last night, I went with a group to bowl at Chelsea Piers. I had been wanting to see Chelsea Piers, so I was glad to go. It's a neat area with different things to do. There were HUGE yachts docked there and I was very intrigued by them all. I am dying to go back and try out the driving range there-- you can hit from 3 different stories and are hitting out towards the water. Bowling was fun- I was pretty much middle-of-the-pack score-wise and that was okay with me!
Today, I was going to meet Joy to lay-out on her roof-- the weather this week has been AMAZING! The humidity is gone and it's been about 80 all week. Joy called this morning and had remembered the big pool we'd seen in CP a while back and she had the brilliant idea to go there instead of her roof. What a good idea! The pool was not crowded at all and was really nice and clean and it is FREE! The people who work there have a lot of rules and yell at you a lot, but now that we know the rules, it should be an all-around enjoyable experience next time!
1 comment:
What a cute idea for a birthday party. Your sister must be really creative and fun!
Remind me again who Joy is...I know I have read about her before, but I cannot remember how you know her.
Are you enjoying being in New York? Is it weird to wake up each day there? Was people's reaction there concerning the unfoiling of the newest plot against the US strong? Even though I know people had strong reactions everywhere to what happened on September 11th, I am sure the people of New York City felt it more than the rest of us.
I hope you have a great week!
Post a Comment