Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dallas with Friends

In addition to the Christmas parties I got to attend, I saw various other friends while I was in Dallas.  The extra week when I was snowed-out of NYC allowed me even more time with friends than I had expected - it was great!

Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of any of these outings, but here's the recap.

I went to dinner at Rise with my old EY co-workers one night.  There are 5 of us who still try to get together and catch-up.  Exciting news this year is that Stephanie is pregnant with #1 and Kimberly has a new job and passed the CPA exam....I was shocked!  I didn't even know Kim was trying to pass the CPA and I have never, ever known her to like a job.  I was so happy for her!  Kelli and Eliza are doing great as well.  Rise was fun and delicious.  I can't even remember what souffle I had, but it was their special that night and it was very good.  I also got the pumpkin souffle for dessert-yum!

My old roommate, Kristen, and I met for lunch one day.  I told her I wanted to go somewhere girly and she suggested Breadwinner's.  Good pick!  I love that place for brunch or lunch or dinner!  We had a good meal and nice time catching-up.

Another old roommate, Deanna, and I also had lunch one day.  She has two little ones Owen, who was about to turn 3 and Evan who is 1.  We went to chick-fil-a to make that easier.  Owen is the sweetest little thing and Evan is too cute.  I always love catching-up with Deanna and wish she was still in my every day life.

Kelli, my closest friend from the EY days, and I got to go out for lunch and then get a mani/pedi one day.  It was such a relaxing and fun afternoon!  I'm sure Kelli especially thought so since she also has 2 little boys at home.  Luckily, her housekeeper was there that day and was able to watch the boys so Kelli could have an extended get-away.  We went to lunch at the Chocolate Angel.  My mom and sister have been talking about this place for a while and I was excited to check it out.  It was so good - salads, sandwiches, soups.  I got the trio salad plate and it was very good.  I knew Beth had plans for lunch with girlfriends that day and they were there, too!  Hilarious.  I like these 3 girlfriends of Beth a lot and it was fun to see them.  After lunch, Kelli and I went to get mani/pedis at Juli's.  Oh, man, I cannot say enough about this place.  I actually had been there the week before, but decided to treat myself again because it is just so amazing (and I never get my nails done in NYC)!  Juli and her ladies all remember me from when they used to work at Maile Nails and I used to go there frequently when I lived in Dallas.  Juli remembered that I used to come in every other week and that I always got clear nail polish.  I couldn't believe she remembered those details.  And she was quite proud that I now paint my fingernails with color (I've been using a grey color all fall/winter and I love it).  Anyway, for some reason, they spent an extra long time on Kelli and I that day.  I think we were there well over 2 hours.  And they always include an excellent arm massage, a wax treatment on your hands, and a hot stone massage on your legs.  It's divine.  And it was fun to spend so much time with Kelli...wish we could do it all the time!

Andi, Jenifer, and Michelle met me for dinner at Mia's one night before a movie.  It was the only Tex-Mex I had during the whole 15 days I was in Texas - a shame!  Mia's is part of the Mi Cocina/Taco Diner family, which are my favorites.  They all have the brisket tacos that are so amazing and that is what I got.  Along with one of their excellent margaritas.  We even sat outside that night...it was a partially enclosed area, but nice to be kind of outside.  And lots of fun talking with the girls...just wish Brooke had been back in town to join us!

I love my Dallas friends and was glad to see so many this trip.  Always look forward to the next time!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Like the new look of the blog!

Susan said...

Thanks! I'm having trouble with the sidebar over there...it's not supposed to be so grey! I keep selecting "tranparent", but it doesn't take for some reason.