I've been treated to some spectacular church services recently! One Sunday in December, I went to AM church. I usually attend the PM service and only go in the AM if I'm teaching the kids. But, this particular week, I had to return the pack-n-play I borrowed from the nursery for Shep to sleep in when he was here. I was so glad I got to be there that morning because the worship was AMAZING!! They had Sarah Jane, who I recently blogged about, on stage and she rocked it!! How many of you get to hear Broadway performers at your churches?! It was soooo good! That Sunday, we also had a special speaker...Rob Morris of Love146. Love146 is an amazing organization working to end sex slavery. They have already been able to save many young girls out of this horrific industry and are doing things all over the world to continue to combat this crime. He was an extremely powerful speaker...wow. Seriously a life-changing type of sermon.
AND, for all of my Dallas readers, one of the other co-founders of Love146 is going to be speaking at Irving Bible Church on January 28th from 7-9pm. I highly recommend that you go! Did you know that the Super Bowl is a huge venue for Sex-Trafficking? Thousands of women and children were trafficked during last year's Super Bowl in Miami. With the Super Bowl in Dallas this year, they are expecting a similar problem. So, why don't you do something to help counter this? Go on January 28th and find out how! You can read more about this here.
This past Sunday, I again found myself at the AM service because we had a Kid's Ministry meeting afterwards that I wanted to attend, so it made most sense to just go ahead and go to church then as well. They had Juliard students playing stringed instruments along with our normal band. Incredible. We really are treated to some special things in this city that has so much to offer!
1 comment:
Andy Pettitte is going to speak at my church next Sunday! Even though he's a Yankee I'm still excited about it.
Post a Comment