Yes, it's true...we're going all the way back to Thanksgiving on this here blog! Time to catch-up! I think it was the fact that my family was here for 9 days and we did so much and had so many pictures that caused me to be so overwhelmed with the idea of blogging it that I just never did. That and the fact that the first half of December was extremely busy and the second half found me in Texas where I don't usually get around to blogging much. So, now I'm probably past the point of giving Thanksgiving 2010 the justice it deserves. It was the Thanksgiving my sister decided was "the best Thanksgiving ever!" I think we all agreed. It was more awesome and perfect than I could ever convey with words or pictures.
The most popular question about having seven people come to visit me? "Where did they stay?!" No, not everyone piled into my studio apartment. Mom stayed with me the whole time and dad came for only 4 nights and also stayed with us. My sister and her whole family got to stay in my friend Jen's apartment. She was going to be gone for a week so it worked out perfectly. We compensated her, but not nearly as much as a hotel room in New York costs - especially at Thanksgiving time! And she has a really nice 1-bedroom that's located just across the park from mine so it was really convenient. For their last two nights, Beth and the boyz stayed in a hotel where they had points. The whole trip came together pretty last minute and my sister was determined to make it as cheap as possible...free flights for all (which is why they had to stay 9 days!) and the cheap accommodations. It worked out perfectly.
So, let's start with the first 3 days. The family (except dad) arrived on Monday morning and met me for lunch. They spent a lot of the first 3 days on their own because I worked Monday, Tuesday and about 1/2 of Wednesday. They managed well and got a lot done! One of the funniest things was a text conversation I had with my sister on Tuesday....
I was mostly kidding when I wrote that text. I wasn't really expecting them to see Jessica Simpson. Although, I was probably party serious because if anyone was going to bump into her, it would be someone from my family OR if anyone was going to track her down, it would also be someone from my family!
Beth to Me at 2:30pm..."Just saw Jessica arriving at her hotel."
I thought she was kidding until I got an update from her ten minutes later.
Beth to Me at 2:40pm..."She was arriving at the ritz with a swarm of paparazzi."
She was totally serious. Hilarious! What are the odds!?
So, some pictures from the families first 3 days in the big city:
I greeted the clan with Pumpkin Chocolate
Chip bread and Cranberry bread -
a loaf of each for each of the 2 apartments
We ate at Rock Center for lunch and they saw
their first view of the tree...which was still being
decorated with Christmas lights!
They checked out the Holiday market at Bryant Park
and took a ride on the carousel while they were there.
They learned how to "make due" at my apartment. While
I was in Dallas for Christmas, Ryder asked me,
"Why you have no table in your apartment"?
There's just no room, kid.
They saw my favorite Christmas tree in the
whole city - at the MET!
The spent a gorgeous afternoon at the Central Park Zoo.
The greeted the Toy Soldier at F.A.O. Schwartz
And took a turn on the BIG piano
They rode 3 to a stroller all around the city.
The boyz played at the Union Square playground
while KayKay and Beth shopped in the area
KayKay, Brian, and Beth went to see a play...
while I stayed home with these 3 sweet boyz.
They learned to navigate the subway system.
We went to the Wednesday viewing
of the Parade balloons - it was a
crazy huge crowd of people!!
Brian hauled Ryder thru the crowds on his shoulders
While Beth and I took turns with Beau
The boyz always love their baths - even in NYC!
And they were ready to go to bed early
the night before the big Parade!
Things from the first 3 days not captured in photos were:
- the boyz trip to Top of the Rock where they could see the entire city...including the Statue of Liberty which they love to talk about!
- dinner at Beyoglu with Lucy. It was so fun to introduce my mom and Beth to 4 of my friends this trip! We took Lucy for a yummy greek dinner, but the conversation was better than the food. I LOVE Lucy's mom and sister and was so happy to introduce her to mine!
We were a 1/3 of the way into the trip, dad was en-route to NYC, and other than my mom's back that had pretty much gone out (so sad!), we were off to a great start!!
2 comments:
what wonderful pictures! looks like everyone had a great time "making due." I am really impressed that you housed 3 little ones in that apartment! love the clip on chair, too.
Kate - the little ones didn't stay in my apartment...just dropped by 2-3 times. Beth's crew stayed in my friend's bigger, nicer apartment!
Post a Comment