Friday, January 21, 2011

Celebrity Sightings!

I've had some random celebrity sightings over the past couple of months and don't think I've blogged about any of them (and sorry if I have and these are repeats! or if you've seen them on my FB status updates and this is old news!). I've got to document this stuff somewhere! Someday I'd like to put together a running list of every celebrity I've seen - sounds like a big project. I've recently decided that I either a) have a really good eye for celebs or b) have really good luck when it comes to sightings. Most likely it's both. I seem to have them more often than anyone I know. Anyway, my latest include:

- Alec Baldwin. I saw him crossing my street on my way home from watching marathoners in the park in early November. I didn't know it at the time, but did a little research and learned that he lives a couple blocks away from me. Everyone seemed to notice him that day and there were a lot of people out and about and they all stopped in their tracks to stare at him.

-- Jason Priestly.  We took my nephews to see Santa at Macy's after Thanksgiving.  On our way out we ran into Jason, his wife, and children who had also just seen Santa.  I saw him and once he had passed, I alerted my mom and sister and they went chasing after him so they could get a sighting, too!
-- Kevin Bacon. On a brutally cold day in December, I left my apartment early before work to run down the street to the dry cleaners and pick some stuff up. As I climbed the few steps from my building to the sidewalk, I realize someone is about to pass by on the sidewalk. I say hello before I realize who it is...Kevin Bacon! He smiled and kind of muttered hello. He looked terribly miserable. It was very cold that day and I think he was just concentrating on getting around the block with his dog as quickly as possible and back inside to the warmth of his home.

-- John Lithgow. A couple of days after I ran into Kevin, I rode the subway home from work with John. He's tall.

-- Dean Sheremet. Who, you ask? You know, LeAnne Rimes ex-husband. I think it is absolutely hilarious that I recognized him immediately and without doubt. This is where the good-eye thing comes into play! My friends and I walked into Cookshop for brunch on Monday (MLK Monday - no work!) and as the waitress seated us, we passed by Dean seated at another table. I whispered to my friends that I had seen him and I think they thought I was crazy. I recently read an article about him and his new fiance and knew they were living here in New York so I guess that is how I was able to recognize him. I pulled up a picture of Dean and his lady on my blackberry and showed it to the girls and they agreed that it was definitely both of them sitting at the table. So funny!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

First of all, how on earth did you recognize Dean Sheremet? I can't believe it!

And if I saw Alec Baldwin, he would be one person that I think I would have to ask to have my picture taken with.