Thursday, April 17, 2008

Weekending in The Hamptons

This past weekend, Mom and I spent a fabulous two days in The Hamptons. We saw every town, but could easily have spent a whole week exploring each of the little villages more. The Hamptons are filled with great food, great shopping, great beaches...what girl wouldn't love it? Oh, to be one of the New York socialites who "summer in The Hamptons"!

What we did:

* Lunch in Southampton at 75 Main...a restaurant frequented by celebs such as Gwyenth Paltrow. It was a noisy restaurant with a lot of people socializing. The food was delicious! We split nut-crusted brie and a pecan/cranberry/Gorgonzola salad.













* Shopping on Main Street and Job's Lane in Southampton. This was probably our favorite "Hampton". I found a piece of furniture that I was dying to buy...it was a good price and sooo cute. It didn't make sense to buy something now since I'm about to move and don't know what I'll need. We also decided maybe I could find a cheap piece in New York and figure out how to paint it similar to the piece we saw...we'll see, but it sounds like a fun project!

Each little village had a Main Street that looked
similar to this one in Southampton. This picture
doesn't do it justice - so cute!






















Job's Lane, Southampton













Saks in Southampton...in the old Town Hall, no less!













I thought this Mickey D's was funny. See what's
missing? The roof and the golden arches over
the red sign! Obviously Hamptons ordinances
in full effect!













* Driving through the neighborhoods in Southampton, Bridgehampton, and East Hampton. The houses are enormous and so cute. We were especially amazed at the size of some of the lots - huge amounts of land! Mom had the street names where Martha Stewart and Jerry Seinfeld have houses. We didn't have exact addresses, so we didn't know which was Jerry's. Mom guessed which was Martha's and when I got home I googled it and verified that mom always knows best when it comes to hunting down celebs. Her house had more security than the others, which is what tipped mom off. Here is my pic of Martha's house!













* Checked out the public beaches in several places. I was surprised there were public beaches at all - I thought they were all private out there.









* Dinner at Nick & Toni's in East Hampton...another celeb hot-spot. It was, again, delicious food. We split their zucchini chips that we'd read about (they were awesome) and some pasta.

* Spent Saturday night in a cute & cozy Bed & Breakfast. We weren't there long, but had a good night's sleep and a great breakfast!













* Explored the Montauk Point Lighthouse. Such a picturesque lighthouse! There were some trails around the light house that led to the beach and I had fun exploring those. It was a gorgeous morning on Sunday and so nice to be outside.










































* Sunday lunch at World Pie in Bridgehampton...a pizza place mom had read about as being "chic & cheap". Again, amazing food! We split one of the best salads I've ever had...it was some greens, pear slices, Gorgonzola, and pecans. I had no idea that pears and Gorgonzola compliment each other so well! The pizza...mozzarella, pesto, and prosciutto was good, too.

* Shopping in other villages...Bridgehampton, East Hampton, Amagansett, Sag Harbor. There were so many cute stores. I could have gone in every single one, but because we only had 2 days, we had to pick just the ones that looked best. I especially loved all the furniture stores - really unique antiques. I would love to go back with an SUV someday and pick up a couple of pieces!

The Amagansett Square













East Hampton's Main Street













Sag Harbor













Each town has a cute Water Mill -
this is Bridgehampton's

















East Hampton's water mill in the middle
of a cemetery

















Sag Harbor's

2 comments:

jessica said...

Wow! What a great time with your mom! That McDonald's is pretty funny BTW.

Kate said...

ha! summer as a verb. gotta love it. that mickey d's looks like a prank victim - like someone's got the arches in their basement. : )