Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Name that Actor(ress)

Okay, readers! I need your help! Last week, I saw 1 actress and 1 actor in two different places and I can't figure out who they were!! I saw the actress as I was leaving the Meryl event. I went to the bathroom after the show and then left by myself and she was leaving at the same time...the paparazzi outside were going crazy for her (and one called out to her husband and snapped a picture of him, so I guess he's someone too, but I never caught a glimpse of his face). Anyway, they were yelling "Christine" at her, so I know that's her name. And I was able to get a good picture. So, tell me...who is it and what's she been in? Or maybe she's a newscaster or something? I can't figure it out.

















Now, on to the actor. I saw him walking on my street, 52nd Street...just about 2 blocks from my apartment, near Broadway. It was after Little Mermaid and all the shows were getting out, so he was probably coming from Hairspray or Jersey Boys, which are also on 52nd Street. Unfortunately, I have no pic, so this one's going to be a little harder! Here's what I do know...he's tallish...definitely over 6 feet. He has blond hair, that's thinning a little, but still a pretty full head of hair....and definitely blond. He's probably in his 50's, maybe 60. I think he's been in sitcoms...including, probably, some old ones he did when he was much younger. My mom guessed Ron Howard...it wasn't him, but I feel like it was someone LIKE him, with a similar resume, maybe.

Any guesses? Leave me a comment!! It's been driving me crazy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUSAN.
That's Christine Baranski. I didn't know her name, actually, but TOTALLY recognized her and would have googled the actresses in Mamma Mia - the film - BECAUSE SHE'S IN IT.
Movies (that I know):Eloise, The Grinch, The Ref, Chicago, and more. You'll know more than I will, I know.

As for the guy... yeah, don't know. Dennis Quaid, Jeff Bridges, Ed Harris, John Hurt, William Hurt, Willy Ames, Howard Hesseman... I've done some research. I'm not sure if these would qualify though, entirely. Keep me posted~!

Anonymous said...

Jason Bateman.
Josh Taylor.
(That was The Hogan Family)
Greg Evigan (My Two Dads)
Rob Stone - he's been on a bit, I found him on Mr. Belvedere
And that would be "Willie Aames" - wrong spelling before.
80's sitcoms!! Love 'em!

Susan said...

Thanks Nicole - it is Christine Baranski!! And I do recognize that name now. I still can't figure out what I know her from - I guess Chicago- I haven't seen those other movies!

I looked up pics of all your male guesses....not any of those. Think more blond hair.

jessica said...

Is that the same woman who played the mom in The Birdcage?

Anonymous said...

Robert Redford has a lot of blonde hair.

Susan said...

I know who Robert Redford is!! Plus, I'd just seen him a few nights b/f at the Meryl event. His hair is more brownish/reddish. This was really blond.

Susan said...

P.S. I've been spelling it "blond" in this post. Normally, I would have spelled it "blonde", but spell-check didn't like that. Now, I see that you used the 'e' on the end. Is that correct? I'm confused!

Anonymous said...

Daniel Craig
Paul Bettany (though he's fairly young)
Gary Busey
Richard Eastham
Richard Lynch
James Marsters
David Soul **
Robert Stack
George Winslow
John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard)

And I think either way of Blond/Blonde is fine. At least according to dictionary.com!

Susan said...

Nope - I checked all those out and they're not him. I feel like he's been in something more recent where he played a dad to a bunch of kids - probably a movie, maybe a TV show. I think evenutally I will remember that movie/tv show b/c I feel like it's right at the tip of my toungue...I just am not quite there yet!

Anonymous said...

Ed Begley Jr or Steven Collins?

Elizabeth