Congrats, Elizabeth! You guessed the mystery actor! I'll treat you to some wine or a gyro or something else in Greece for getting it right :) I didn't have a clue who he was when I saw his name in your guess, but I looked him up on imdb.com, and sure enough it's the guy I saw. I think I was a bit mis-leading on my clues, but I didn't have much to work with!! Kudos to Nicole (cousin) for knowing the actress and doing so much research on the guys :) If you can't tell from her lengthy list of guesses, my family is really into games (excluding Beth...unless you count Scrabble. I don't.) Nicole, I'll have to treat you to some watermelon or sweet corn at Dows Corn Days in Iowa in August (I actually did research and they do have these things there. They also have a Cake Walk - Do you remember the Cake Walk??? We are SOOO there - 12:00, noon. I mean, since they're not having cake at the wedding, we'll just have to win one, right?!?!).
This past week was pretty uneventful other than being pretty productive around home. I've got a bag full of clothes to take to the Salvation Army and that was just work-out clothes/old t-shirts & sweatshirts - I've definitely got more to come! Cleaning up before I move 'em out!
I did go see Young Frankenstein on B'way on Friday night. It was not my favorite. I really didn't like the first half at all, but the second half was much better. It was a star-studded show...Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) and Roger Bart (Desperate Housewives), as well as Broadway-famed Sutton Foster, Shuyler Hensley, and Andrea Martin. You can't beat a cast like that and they were great and the show was entertaining. But, if you haven't seen the movie (I hadn't or I might not have gone), it's full of that kind of silly humor. The kind of humor I just don't think is funny. So, that's the main thing that turned me off.
We also grabbed dinner in my neighborhood at TaCocina....actually pretty good Tex-Mex! They need some lessons on the Margarita, though. I have a list of restaurants in my neighborhood that I want to make it to before I move to another 'hood. Hell's Kitchen is kind of known for its restaurants and there are just too many good and interesting places to miss out on! I was able to make it to one other last week -- an American Bistro called Rachel's. I met my mom's friend, De Ann there (she stayed for a whole extra week after mom left). I had heard good things about Rachel's and it was really good. We both got chicken dishes and both cleared our plates. The food seemed healthier and lighter than most restaurants these days and that was kind of nice!
1 comment:
Wow. I'd have walked right past him and never known he was famous! Much less associated him with the few clues you did have! You must have celebrity radar in you!
Post a Comment