-- My first trip to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. It was also my first time to wear winter clothes at a baseball game. There is just something not right about wearing my heavy, long, puffy coat to a baseball game in April! It was fun to go to the game, just freezing! Joy got the tickets for free from a co-worker. This is the last year at Yankee stadium....the new stadium looks almost complete right next to the old one. Since people seem to love Yankee stadium, I asked Joy if there was anything about it that I should notice, but she didn't seem to know either. Maybe I'll do some research before I go to my next game later this summer. In the meantime, for you Yankee's fans, here's some pics.
-- Trip to Target in Queens. Going to Target is like a luxury here. There are none in Manhattan, so you have to trek out to Queens or Brooklyn. This was my first trip to the Queens local. I was in search of some new workout clothes - they've got a good selection at Target. It was nice to get out of the city for a bit.
-- Dinner at Fetch with my Community Group gals. Fetch is a casual bar & grill type place on the Upper East Side. Pictures of dogs cover the walls - apparently you can bring a picture of your own dog and they'll hang it up. It was nice to hang out with the girls.
-- Babysitting a model. We've had a baby come to church the past 2 Sunday nights. I've been "on call" since the beginning of February, but this was the first 2 times I've been needed. His name is Aston and he's 6 months old. He is adorable and is a model! He's going to be in the June issue of Parents magazine and on Saturday had a casting call with Toys R Us. I will let you know when he becomes famous!
-- Live music. I went to two shows last week. Generally, not my type of thing, especially when I am not familiar with the music at all. The first was in a total dive in the Lower East Side and I didn't end up liking the music much at all. I went with Joy because someone cancelled on her at the last minute. The second show, also with Joy, I liked better - the atmosphere was more lounge-y and the music was more my style.
-- Lunch after church at Lexington Candy Shop. It's a diner where a scene from Nanny Diaries was filmed. The food was pretty good, but I didn't realize until too late that their drinks are supposed to be amazing....real cherry cokes, lemonade, etc... I'll have to go back!
-- A day with Redeemerites. Redeemer is a big church here I visited a couple of times. I think it's a great church with a great teacher, just worried that the hugeness of it would make it hard to get involved. They offer classes many Saturdays and I've been wanting to take some so I finally did this past weekend. It was a class on 1st Thessalonians. It was very good. I enjoyed it a lot and it was very encouraging and inspiring. The teacher was extremely enthusiastic which made it very easy to listen. I will definitely be checking out more of their classes. That evening, I went to a praise/worship night Redeemer has monthly for young adults. It was very good. Joy went along with me and we were going to go to dinner with them afterwards to try and meet new people, but ran into some old Journey people. We ended up just going out with one of those girls. We went to Big Nick's, which Joy "sold" me on by telling me it is an Upper West Side "institution". It's a little pizza/burger joint. I got a guacamole burger that was great!
-- Went on an apartment viewing. A girl I know is moving out of her apartment around the end of June, so I wanted to go see it. It's officially on the Upper West Side, but way north, almost to Harlem. The neighborhood is okay, but not as lively as my current neighborhood. There are a couple of subway lines very nearby and one of them goes directly into my work building, so the commute wouldn't be bad at all. My main concern is the size. It was a smaller studio. I took some measurements and need to do some figuring to see if I could fit my furniture in there. Some of the other pluses: well-kept building with on-site management every day; nice people living in the building, steps from Central Park, lots of closets and cabinets (for New York, at least), updated kitchen and bathroom. If I find I can fit my furniture in, this could be it!
So, I think that's about it. My mom is coming in on Saturday and we'll spend the weekend in the Hamptons and she'll be here in the city all next week. I'm sure there will be lots to tell about next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment