I arrived just in time to see Meryl
arrive!
Meryl's 3 girls followed shortly behind. The
center daughter is also an actress, Mamie Gummer
When the red carpet action slowed down,
we rushed to get our seats in the balcony
Mom and De Ann
Robert Redford was the first
actor to give a tribute speech
Christopher Walken's speech
was short and kind of awkard
Robert De Niro tried to be a comedian.
It was kind of mean at first! But
then he got pretty nice in honoring
Meryl.
Mike Nichols (big time director
and wife of Diane Sawyer)
I've never been a huge Uma
Thurman fan, but loved her
at this! She was beautiful,
elegant, and a great speaker!
Jonathan Demme, directed
Meryl in Manchurian Candidate
Garrison Keillor, wrote & starred with Meryl
in Prarie Home Companion. I
thought it was strange that he
mentioned Lindsay Lohan when
speaking about Meryl...she was
in the movie too, but any mention
of LL and you begin to lose
credibility!
Stanley Tucci from Devil Wears Prada
Amy Adams - so cute & sweet!
Amy presented the award to Meryl
Meryl giving her acceptance speech
Her speech was great - really
funny!
2 comments:
Very cool! Gotta love Meryl.
P.S. Robert Altman directed A Prairie Home Companion. Garrison Keillor wrote it and co-starred in it. (why do I know this, you ask? let's just say Joe would probably name our son (if we ever had one) Garrison if given the chance.)
Duly noted, Kate! Thanks!
Post a Comment