I liked Kelly’s Korner Linky thing again this week, so I’m participating. This week it is sharing your favorite Bible Verse. Most of you are probably pretty familiar with Philippians 4:13, “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” One of my favorite verses, however, is the one leading up to that….Philippians 4:12:
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Such a great reminder when you are feeling down and out about something and want to run to the things of this world to bring you satisfaction or happiness. Our Joy is not found in the things of the world. Rather, it is found when you seek Him (through scripture reading, prayer, listening for the Holy Spirit’s guidance, obedience etc…).
In John 16:33, Jesus assured us that “In this world you will have troubles”. So those times of feeling down and out or even experiencing tremendous hardship are going to happen. BUT, try looking to Him before you turn to things in this world to lift your spirits. For He “has overcome the world.” and you are guaranteed to find contentment and peace even in the midst of those troubles. That’s the SECRET!
2 comments:
Great post. I do know 4:13 and think of it often but will have to go take another look at the fabulous 4:12!
Love this post. Very good reminder. I need to post this somewhere I can see it every day...
Post a Comment