Saturday was filled with everything a good day in Maine should be...a little sunning on the dock, a trip to South Harbor for some exploring and an excellent meal, and to finish off the night, a bonfire with friends.
The view from Sean & Tonya's dock
South Harbor, ME
Lots of signs of lobstering going on
This sticker was on a car window. Any
insights as to what in the heck it means??
HUGE tree roots!
Exploring trails on South Harbor
Trying to figure out how to
get up to this lighthouse
Found the backside of the lighthouse!
There it is!
The Sea Wall
Sean was the only one whose feet could
stand the freezing cold water for very long
Still Newlyweds...for a few more days!
Why does New England have the cutest
Public Library's? Every town should.
Pretty flowers outside the restaurant
in South Harbor
Our 4th of July was filled with everything a good 4th of July in Maine should be....more sunning on the dock, kayaking, a neighborhood feast at the house next door, an amazing lobster dinner, a boat ride to see the fireworks, and another bonfire to end the evening.
Kayaking towards the island in the middle of the lake
We saw one of the new baby loons!
On the island...Tonya swore this was a real trail -
I was not so sure
But then we saw the blue spots on the tree
marking the path, so I believed her
Where's Duke?
All the animal holes in the ground and in
trees freaked me out. I love exploring,
but hate wildlife. (We saw no animals
while exploring the island...except Duke)
Senior Pictures!
Our dinner...still alive!
Tonya & Sean work hard to keep their flowers alive!
So pretty at dusk
Two things all lake houses should have:
Tiki Torches and Adirondack chairs
The hottest fire ever.
Fun with leftover wedding sparklers!
We spent most of Monday back out on the dock and had a little picnic lunch with friends and an excellent pie a la Tonya, all before I had to head back to the airport for my flight home.
It was a great weekend and I came back a little sun-kissed which was my #1 goal. I can't wait to go back next summer!
One of my favorite parts of coming back to the city? The views of Manhattan from the airplane. I love when you can see the entire outline of the island on a clear day.
with Liberty Island (the tiny one towards the middle
left), Ellis Island (just north of Liberty) and Governor's
Island is the larger island just south of the base of
Manhattan. (You can click the pic to blow it up if you
really want to see what I'm talking about)
And here, you can see the outline of the southern
portion of Manhattan from about 34th Street down.
No comments:
Post a Comment