This weekend was the Food Network Food & Wine Festival. I went with Lucy on Friday night to Meatpacking Uncorked. This was an event in the Meatpacking District where most of the stores and some restaurants were open and had wine tastings or food samples. It was fun, but we were a bit frustrated with the long lines for food. There wasn't much food to begin with, which is probably why those lines were so long. There was tons of wine, though. Compared to the big event I went to last year, where we left stuffed full of great food, this event didn't compare. It was still a fun night. The weather was gorgeous, which made walking from store to store very enjoyable. We also befriended a girl who was there by herself and it turns out she has done a lot in the event planning industry here in NYC, she gave me some website and listservs to get on if I ever want to volunteer for event companies. I'll check those out.
On Saturday night, I met up with Lucy again to see an interview with Mario Battali. It was SO good. Mario was really down to earth and funny and the lady who interviewed him (Food Editor for the NY Times) was great, too. It was at the New York Times offices...they have a small auditorium there. They did several interviews in conjunction with the Festival, but while I was there, I realized they do interviews open to the public all the time. I am definitely going back to that place. This week alone, they are doing an interview with the cast of "Ugly Betty" and another one with Hilary Swank. Pretty cool.
For Game Day Saturday, I went to the Baylor watch party with Kim (also BU), Sarah (OU...boo), and Jen (UT/Colorado). Sarah was back in town as her job wanted her to come back and work a few more days, so she just stayed over the weekend. OU beat us, of course, but BU did better than I thought they would consider 1) We're BU, 2) they're OU, 3) they put Bradford back in play, and 4) we had to start our 3rd-string QB. I wish we could've seen that game with Bobby Baylor (my personal nickname for Robert Griffin) in play. After the game, us girls grabbed a bite to eat at Qdoba...one of the few places in NYC that has queso. Do you notice a trend with us? Game Day = Queso. They went to the Colorado watch party that night, but I had my date with Mario to get to :)
1 comment:
Susan, you could've seen a much better game if you hadn't caused Robert Griffin's injury :)
Post a Comment