Thursday, October 22, 2009

BATHROOM

My bathroom is definitely the part of my apartment that most dates it. It's completely PINK! Pink sink, pink tub, pink tile. I had one friend go on and on about how much she loved it....wish I could say the same, but I've never been a lover of vintage bathrooms. It was difficult to get some pics since it is so tiny, but I tried my hardest to show you what's going on in there!
I decided to add some green to the bathroom...
pink & green are a good combo!

The mirror frame was extremely rusty
and ugly, so my mom covered it with this
contact paper we found at Target.  I don't
love it, but suppose it's better than the rust.

This shower curtain is Rachel Ashwell for Target.
I loved it when I bought it, but am
close to wanting a change.

These shelves are opposite from my
shower.  They were left by the girl who
lived here before me, but she had them
in the kitchen.  I needed more shelving
in the bathroom so I moved them.  As
hooks are to my entryway, so are baskets
to the rest of my apartment.  So necessary
when you lack cabinets, shelves, and closets!

I use this thing on the left as a hamper.  Someone
told me it's an old industrial trash can, but I don't
see how that could've worked. I LOVE it as a
hamper because, seriously, where else in the
apartment could I stash dirty laundry?

And this thing REALLY dates the bathroom.  It
has a little thing at the top you can pull up or push
down to stop or release the drain in the bathtub.
Thank goodness the previous occupant explained it
to me...I never would have figured that one out!



So, that's my bathroom.  Next up: Living Room!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I don't see your towels. I say this because the previous owners of this house had a pretty genius way of storing their towels behind the door. If you want, I'll share it with you when I'm there!