Sunday, October 18, 2009

10k Training - Week 1

So, this past week was less than stellar, but that's why I decided I have to start posting about this!  Here's my first weekly update:

Sunday -- nothing
Monday -- nothing, here's where I decide I need some accountability!!
Tuesday -- run 2 miles & strength training
Wednesday -- run 2.5 miles
Thursday -- nothing, ugh!
Friday -- run 3 miles, strength training, and pilates (to make up for one of the missed days)!
Saturday -- hiking in the Poconos...counting this as a cross-training day

So, I missed my stretch day and one of my cross-train days.  I felt awful on my 2 and 2.5 mile runs.  Don't know why, but my legs felt SO heavy and I was running through shin-splint pain.  The 3 mile run was MUCH better!  I felt so good at the end.  I'll do better this week, I feel it already!

No comments: