Some of the pretty brownstones in Cobble Hill
The home in this picture is the birthplace
of Jennie Jerome, Winston Churchill's mother!
This is Cobble Hill Park. It is lined in back with
mews-like 3-story homes. They were really
cute. Thomas Wolfe lived in one of the basements
here during the Great Depression.
This is a picture of the Warren Place
Workingmen's Cottages. They were built in the
late 1800's and are so cute with the nice little
garden in the center.
Saturday morning, I met up with a few girls for brunch in the Lower East Side. I was very excited to try Clinton Street Baking Company, but we got there and it was a 1.5-2 hour wait....so disappointed! So, we went to Barrio Cucina (I think that's what it's called) instead. I got some sort of eggs with chorizo and tortillas. The food was really good, just not what I was hoping for!
Next, I went to Home Depot to finish getting the paint and supplies I needed to work on my fixer-upper projects at home. I began prepping on Saturday and painting on Sunday. The bathroom is starting to look much better! I will post some before and after pics once it's all done!
From Home Depot, I lugged my purchases to a spa because it was Spa Week here in New York, which meant cheap massages and facials! I wanted to do something I've never done before, so I got a Hot Stone Massage! It was soooo good! If you haven't tried this, you must! I think it was my favorite massage ever - I love the hot stones!
Sunday, I went to church in the AM. I babysat again before the service and this time I had the infants. I had a baby girl, Kate, who is about 4-5 months old and a barely 1-year-old boy, Chase. Chase was pretty much fine and wanting to play the whole time, so he hung out with his 3-year-old brother and his friends for much of the time. Meanwhile, I was pretty busy with little Kate. According to her parents, she would fall right asleep and sleep the whole time. Well, of course, that didn't happen. She began fussing and I tried to just get her to calm down without removing her from the stroller - I didn't figure that jostling her around would help much if she was just sleepy. So, I patted and shushed and strolled and patted and shushed and strolled. But, that didn't seem to be working, so I finally picked her up. She cried for a while and finally spit up...a LOT...choking on it and everything. It was awful. And, me, not expecting this at all, ended up with spit-up all over my shirt and even down my shirt! Then, she proceeded to cry some more, spit up more, cry some, spit up some, and on and on. Apparently her little tummy was bothering her. Finally, she went to sleep with 10 minutes until my time with her was over. Ten minutes for me to clean my shirt up before I went to the service. It cleaned up pretty well, but I could still smell that baby spit-up smell all morning!
I tried to do some more boot shopping on Sunday...still on the lookout for my black boots!
No comments:
Post a Comment