Sunday, March 15, 2009

Movies 101 : The Great Buck Howard

We had a bonus screening this morning for The Great Buck Howard, starring Colin Hanks, Tom Hanks' son. I wasn't a fan of the movie, but it seemed like others really enjoyed it. I personally thought it was a dumb story. After the movie, our teacher interviewed Colin. It was fantastic. All the interviews I've seen last about an hour, much longer than the interviews you see on TV shows such as Letterman. So, it gives you an opportunity to really see their personalities and get to know more about their lives, the film, etc.... Colin has a great personality and is really funny. He could've just sat up there by himself and talked and it would have been entertaining. I think he has a bright future ahead of him. He is currently in a play on Broadway, 33 Variations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had your class on a Sunday morning? Huh.
And did Britney sing the controversial song mom told me about - If you seek Amy?

Susan said...

Well, Nicole, I can guarantee you we would not have class on a Saturday. That's Sabbath for the Jews and they are the majority up here! Plus, Sabbath is supposed to also be about refreshing/renewal/relaxing and this class totally does that for me!!

Yes, Britney sang If You Seek Amy. I agree...it is awful. And completely stupid.

Susan said...

Oh, and also, my church meets in the AM and the PM…same service, different times. I often go to the PM service when I don’t have to be at the AM to serve or something. So, I did go to church, just not in the morning!