Sunday, March 22, 2009

Movies 101 : Duplicity

Thursday night was ROUGH. I was so sick, but there was no way I was going to miss class. I don't want to miss ANY of my classes, but certainly not one where I had hopes of Julia Roberts showing up. I was also looking forward to seeing this movie for a few reasons...1) it looked like my kind of flick and 2) I know 2 girls from church who were extras in the movie and couldn't wait to spot them and 3) it's filmed in NYC and I love spotting the places I know and love in movies. I totally saw my friend Kira in one of the scenes -- so cool!! I didn't see Chris, but I didn't know which scenes to look for her. Kira had told me which scene she was in. I think I liked the movie, but found it confusing and probably need to see it again. There is one scene where Clive Owen is sitting on a bench on the outskirts of Central Park (it's a scene that's being used in a lot of the previews, too)...anyway, I walk by that bench every time I walk home from work....which is a lot lately.

Unfortunately, Julia wasn't at class and neither was Clive Owen :( They have both been to the class before for other movies, but didn't come for this. Instead, we saw interviews with the Film Editor and Cinematographer. It was interesting, but I felt awful and left early. I went home and slept for 14 hours...skipped work on Friday. By 1:00pm on Friday, I had slept 18 of the previous 24 hours!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I waited all week to find out who came to your class. I was sorry to hear that it was not Clive or Julia. What movie are you getting this week?

Elizabeth

Susan said...

I don't know what we are seeing this week. He might have said at the end of class, but I snuck out early.

Anonymous said...

hey! saw duplicity last night. really good. i was really surprised by the ending. ~andi