Last night, we watched the movie “Bart Got a Room”. It was quirky little Indie film that reminded me of movies like Napolean Dynamite. It premiered at Tribeca last year and I assume it’s been doing the Indie Festival circuit for the past year. It is coming to mainstream theatres in a couple of weeks. I liked the movie okay, but definitely didn’t love it. It’s not a movie I would choose to see and I was kind of surprised it was chosen for this class because most people in the class are older than me and it just seemed kind of like an immature film. But, people seemed to really enjoy it and sure laughed harder than I did throughout the showing.
Afterwards, the lead actor and actress were interviewed. I did really like them – they were so cute!! The actress is Alia Shawkat and she has been in several movies and TV shows, but seems best known for her role on Arrested Development. She was so cute and a really great speaker and only 19-years-old. It was nice to hear from an actress who is still so humble and excited about what she does. She went into great detail about what it’s like to audition, work on a set, the difference between working on a big film and an Indie film and what it’s like to be on set with someone as big as George Clooney. She was a fun interview! The actor, Steven Kaplan, is also young and this was his first movie. He’s more into theatre and is currently finishing up the theatre program at NYU. He was cute as well, but needs to work on his speaking skills a bit more!
No comments:
Post a Comment