Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baylor Comes to Broadway

Or that’s actually something like off-off-off-Broadway. But, yes, Baylor brought a play to NYC this month. It’s actually some faculty members of Baylor who are directing and acting in the play. They premiered it in Dallas and then brought it up here for the month of March. I went on Saturday night with 2 of my Baylor friends, Mindy & Shannon, and Lucy came along, too.

We started out with dinner in the West Village at Risotteria, a restaurant serving, you guessed it….Risotto! I have discovered that I love Risotto. They had all different kinds. I got one that had sausage and spinach in it. It was a good place and I just love the West Village and really need to spend more time down there!

From dinner, we walked over to the Cherry Lane Theatre….it must be the cutest theatre in the city! It was small, but really nice and on a cute, quiet street. I had very low-expectations for the play. I knew it was low-budget, had a dark story-line, and as far as I know, Baylor isn’t exactly known for their theatre department. Plus, there’s my whole aversion to plays in general. I was, however, pleasantly surprised. It was a good show. It engaged me and the acting was really good. It wasn’t a happy story, but it was interesting.

The play lasted only 90-minutes, so Lucy, Mindy, and I walked around the Village for a while afterwards and found a cute little place to get dessert. I had a red-velvet cupcake and champagne….yum! It was a fun night!

No comments: