Sunday, March 22, 2009
Cut to the Chace...
Crawford, that is!! Those who know me well, know that there are three C's that I love in life....my Church, my City, and Celebrities. Combine those things with another C, Chace Crawford, and you have a pretty ideal Sunday night for me. Yes, it's true, Chace sat just 2 rows in front of me at church tonight. What a hottie! For those who are still asking, "who's Chace Crawford??", he's a huge celeb right now (in my opinion)....he's the cute guy on Gossip Girl and he's the guy who used to date Carrie Underwood. He was at church with his mom and dad and they were adorable. I sat through church staring at his profile thinking "I swear that's Chace!" I also noticed how well-dressed the 3 of them were and knew that since they are from Texas, the chances of them coming to my Texas-rooted church were somewhat possible. When the service was over and I saw him head-on, I knew for sure it was him. Three of the young guys who are pretty involved in church went up to them afterwards and hugged him and his mom - clearly know the family. I assume Chace probably went to high school with them or something...Chace went to Trinity Christian Academy, which is a great Christian school in Dallas, just up the road from my mom & dad's house. I'm sure I'll hear more details later. After the service ended, his family actually hung around for a while chatting with people - pretty cool. I, of course, watched them and took mental notes throughout the evening! Chace looked pretty uninterested during the sermon, but his mom and dad looked very into it and they all seemed into the music. They all took communion and all 3 sat with heads bowed in individual prayer while they waited for everyone else to take communion. As soon as the service was over, I saw his mom slip him his baseball cap and sunglasses....I assume so that he could remain incognito, if desired, but he never put the glasses on and enough people had already spotted him. Lots of whispering going on! Anyway, it was pretty exciting to have someone like that in my church! And it was a great sermon that I hope Chace was able to take a little bit from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Only YOU would see a celebrity at church... I'm impressed.
Yeah, and my church is not a mega-church or the type of place where you would think a celeb would show up...it's not a real showy or glitzy place. But, it's a GREAT church and I think they are probably a pretty solid Christian family, so it makes sense that his parent's would want him to come to a place like that.
Post a Comment