Friday, December 07, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

It snowed a couple of times this week adding to the Holiday cheer. NYC is definitely the best place in the entire world to be at Christmas time. There's Christmas trees and lights and decorations everywhere. I love it!!! I saw the Rock Center Tree last Sunday night on my way home from church. It was the first time I've seen it this year since they put the lights on it. I expected it to look the exact same as last year, but it doesn't. The lights seem to be different colors and blink, unlike last year. While there, I also got to see a proposal on the ice skating rink. I saw one last year, too, and it is soooo exciting to watch. There are always tons of people around Rock Center at this time of year and everyone just goes crazy for the couple. My parents came into town tonight so they can experience an NYC Christmas themselves. My dad hasn't been here since I moved here, so he was due for a visit anyway. We started out the night with dinner at Hudson Cafeteria (my mom loves it). It was really good. Afterwards, we walked by Columbus Circle to see their big light-stars that "dance" to Christmas music. We then went by Lincoln Center, which is always beautiful at night, but especially so with their Christmas tree up. I brought them to see my apartment as well, then they headed back to their hotel for the night. We have a FULL two days ahead of us...should be fun!

I got some pics from the Hot Chocolate 15K emailed to me this week. Pretty funny! My cousin asked if they really had hot chocolate. Yes, they did, afterwards. They had a party afterwards at a public school right down the street with bagels and hot chocolate. I was going to stop by and pick some up on my way to the subway, but the line was horribly long and I didn't want to stand outside for 30 minutes waiting. Although, I warmed up pretty good during the run, as soon as I slowed down, I was freezing again!! So, I went home and stopped by my favorite bagel place near my apartment!







































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! I am so impressed. Congrats to you for accomplishing this goal. I probably should set some fitness goals for myself soon.... Reebok or Danskin triathlon in Chicagoland this summer, anyone? : )

Todd, Jenn, Sam, Ali, Max and Herculez said...

I am so impressed. You look so officail:))) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

The lights on the tree are those eco-friendly ones. That is probably why they look so different and they added the blue lights this year. At least this is what Matt told me one morning from the Today show!!!! ~andi

Anonymous said...

Ok, i just saw an article on the $1 million in pennies display in Rockfeller - did you see it when you were there? Oh wait - you went Sunday, it was unveiled Monday. But did you see anything that would have been it? It's pretty big looking - I guess they could have set it up in the night or something. Details! It's so interesting to actually know I can get a first hand account of a story that once seemed far fetched! Although I wish I could see Rockefeller center with the ice skating and tree in person! It's hard to imagine it in the space I saw last spring!