**Breakfast at Ann Sathers. A highly regarded breakfast spot in Chicago where every meal comes with two huge, delicious cinnamon rolls (a meal all on their own)!
**Second City. I've always wanted to go to this comedy club where many SNL stars have gotten their start. Jessica and Maggie went with me and we had fun. It was an entertaining show!
**Pizza from Giordano's. I really wanted some Chicago-style pizza while we were there, and this was the best! I had the spinach pizza and it was excellent. I think I will be hunting for some Chicago-style pizza here in NYC...surely someone in Manhattan has started making deep dish pies!
**Architectural cruise. We took a boat from Navy Pier on the river through downtown Chicago. It was really cool. The weather was great and Chicago has some really pretty and interesting buildings. It was a fun way to see the city. The water was soooo blue!!
**Bar-b-que at Kate & Joe's. We had an excellent meal with burgers, chicken and all the fixin's. We ate on the back porch and chatted for a couple of hours. Maggie's brother, Andy, was also in town, so he added a whole new perspective to the gang...the high school gossip talk was in high gear! I was amazed after sitting outside all night that I had not felt one mosquito bite nor had I had a fly come near my food. Is Chicago bug-free??
**Brunch Sunday morning at Kate's house. Jessica & I cooked for the whole crew. I made goat-cheese scrambled eggs for the first time and they were a hit...definitely a recipe to hold on to. Also, my favorite creme brulee french toast. It was also fun for me to be in a nice big, clean kitchen...not quite what I have here in NYC.
**Shopping in Lincoln Park. This is an area with cute shops we just wandered around for a while. I went to Paper Source, a great store I'd been to in DC. I got a couple of things for making my own cards...I need some new hobbies, especially with the cold, dreary winter coming soon!!
Jessica, Kate (with Georgia), Maggie, and I
on Kate's porch the night of the bar-b-que
Taking my Georgia-holding time!
And time with Maggie's girl, Anna
Jessica, Anna, Maggie, and I before brunch
Monday morning
Maggie, Jessica and I on the architectural cruise


1 comment:
That looks like a fun trip! We were also in Chicago over the weekend (well part of the weekend). M's parents live there so we flew in on Friday night and then drove to Michigan for a family reunion. I have been to Chicago at least a dozen times since meeting M, and I haven't done any of the things you mentioned. I will have to keep this list for next time we are there.
Post a Comment