Food vendors are very popular in NYC. In certain areas, there’s not really a time of day or night when you can’t find some kind of food vendor on the street. Most of them seem to have a consistent flow of people stopping to pick something up, but rarely do they have a line of people waiting. Except for the Halal food cart at 53rd & 6th. I first noticed this cart last August when my parent’s best friends were staying at the Hilton across the street from it. The three of us wondered in awe what was drawing all these people to this specific vendor. Mr. Perry asked one night what it was that everyone was getting. Chicken & Rice! I have passed by this area many nights since then and starting around 8pm each night when the guys set their cart up every night, there is a long line of people streaming down the block. I’ve known for a while I needed to try it out myself, but didn’t get around to it until last night. I got the chicken & rice…it comes w/ lettuce on the side and pita bread and a tub of some sort of sour cream dressing. It tasted like tex-mex to me. It was good, but not as phenomenal as I would have expected with all those people waiting in line every night.In general, I rarely eat from food vendors…usually just when I have company in town and they want to get a hot-dog just for the novelty of it. This summer, however, I have taken advantage of the Mr. Softie trucks. They seem to be everywhere! There are certain corners in the city where you are guaranteed to find a Mr. Softie truck parked for most of the day every day throughout the summer. I’m a fan of the vanilla ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles!
Tonight I leave for Chicago to spend the weekend with 4 of my high school friends. Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment