Saturday morning, we went to brunch at Chat-n-Chew. They have really good food. Beth and I split a spinach/Gruyere omelet and challah french toast that was amazing! We walked through the Hell's Kitchen Flea market, which I hadn't been to all summer long.
Then, we packed up for a road-trip to Greenwich, CT. Beth and Brian were staying Saturday night there as they had a wedding nearby. I drove up with them, enjoyed the afternoon touring Greenwich, then took the train back to Grand Central. Greenwich is the wealthiest town in the U.S. It was very quaint and had a really fancy shopping district we enjoyed walking through. While they got ready for the wedding back at the hotel, I took the car and explored all around the area. There are some really nice neighborhoods and lots of water. Very quaint area!
Saturday night, I went to see "The Nanny Diaries". I've been looking forward to this movie as I read the book several years ago. I thought it was cute and liked hearing how they stereotyped all the different people in Manhattan...too bad they didn't say what they thought of Hell's Kitchenites!
Beth & I at DIP
The harbor in Greenwich
Behind B&B's Hotel
2 comments:
Ack. I totally did NOT forget all of the 25th birthdays (which included my own nephew on Jason's side too). I just dropped the ball on actually DOING anything about them. No phone calls. No cards. No emails. Nothing. I do apologize! Because you totally called me on mine!
I'm glad it was good - and I'm so glad you got to spend it with family! Your picture - it looks like your hours walking and at the gym are totally paying off. You look great!
Your picture does look great (as it always does)!
I wouldn't say I have any huge nuggets of wisdom about the weight loss. I have always known that it is a matter of eating well and getting exercise. Following that has been another story though. I don't really enjoy working out (although I am starting to enjoy it more than before).
I joined Weight Watchers several months ago (after hearing how well it worked for a friend). The program has kept me motivated and accountable (I weigh in with a leader each week). I find the program easy to follow. I am so glad I started doing something. I was miserable with how I looked and felt, and now I am half way to my goal.
Post a Comment