Friday, July 27, 2007

NYC & Company

After an excellent trip to Maine, my Texas friends came back to NYC with me until Thursday. Tonya was originally supposed to have a hotel room for work, but her work stuff got canceled, so they stayed with me. I worked everyday, but had fun playing with them at lunchtime and in the evenings. Luckily, this week at work has been much slower than it has been lately.

Monday night, we were all pretty exhausted as we had gotten up at 3:00am to travel to NYC. We picked up food to take home for dinner and relaxed and went to bed early. Tuesday, I met Elizabeth and Tamara to buy some show tickets and to eat lunch (Tonya had gone into the office that day). We ate at Vinyl…a funky diner-ish restaurant just down the street from my apartment. We enjoyed checking out their bathrooms, which each honor a different recording artist. I went in the “Nelly” bathroom, which had a large glass mosaic mural of his head and was playing the song he sang with Tim McGraw. It was pretty funny!

Tuesday night, we met at Joe’s Shanghai in mid-town for a Chinese dinner. It was good, but not nearly the same experience as going to the one located in Chinatown. Afterwards, we went to see “Curtains” the Broadway musical starring David Hyde Pearce. It was a cute, funny show.

Wednesday night, I met the girls in Brooklyn for some delicious Grimaldi’s Pizza and Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Afterwards, we headed to West Village to go enjoy the music at Marie’s Crisis. We were a little disappointed this time…it was slow and not as fun as in the past. Maybe because it was a work night and all the singers didn’t come out, I’m not sure!

Thursday, I met the girls for lunch before they headed back to Texas. We ate at “Just Salad”, a newer salad place Tonya had seen on Martha Stewart a while back. They had everything you can imagine to go on a salad. It was fun and yummy!

I had one night off last night without company and my friend, Amber, hits NYC late tonight for a long weekend o’ fun. We have some different things planned that I’m looking forward to..will update next week!

While walking through Greenwich the other night on our way to Marie's Crisis, I saw this in a store window (my high school mascot) and had to take a pic!








No comments: