Back in Texas, I rarely (if ever??) saw fireflys. Growing up in Missouri, you'd see tons of them all summer long in my front yard, back yard, everywhere! I don't remember them in Texas as much. I went running tonight in the park around dusk. Now, don't freak out on me...it was still pretty light out and there were lots of people out there running. I saw fireflys!! I don't remember seeing them in the park last year. Today was very, very hot and humid, so maybe that is what brought them out. The real kicker, though, was when a raccoon crossed the path just a little ways in front of me. Yes, a real live and quite big raccoon! In the middle of New York City! Who'd have thought? I have to admit, it did freak me out a little bit. Although, not nearly as much as the time a coyote chased me down the street in Dallas.
NYC had a blackout today. You may recall the blackout 2 years ago when people were without electricity and trains weren't running for a few days. It is really interesting to hear people's stories form those days. Today, it didn't last too long, but they did have to evacuate the Met and some of the trains were affected and quit working. It was HOT today...in the 90's and with the horrible humidity, the heat index must have been well into the 100's. I'll take 110 degrees in Dallas any day over the humidity here. Luckily, this week is the first it's gotten that bad this year and I'm pretty sure it was this way about every day in June last year. Hopefully, we're looking at a more mild summer this year than last.
Beth, mom and Ryder are flying in tonight (hopefully). They should have been here by now, but were delayed in Dallas for a couple of hours because of weather there and once they were in the air, it started raining here and they were diverted to DC. Last I heard, they weren't sure if they were going to make in to NYC tonight or not :( And I was hoping to hug that baby before I went to bed tonight!
2 comments:
Traveling to DFW and back this spring has been absolutely horrible!!! I hope they made it alright and you enjoy your time together. I can't wait for our trip in a couple of weeks!
Tonya
I saw fireflies for the first time in Texas this year after living here 6 years! Reminded me of Missouri summers.
Post a Comment