I really like seeing neat college campuses, so I really enjoyed the opportunity to see Westpoint. It was a beautiful campus, set right on the Hudson river and the leaves on the trees were starting to change.


When we arrived, we got to see the cadets doing their marching parade.



We had lunch with the TCU alums at the Westpoint club-- beautiful rooms with large windows overlooking the Hudson.
We took a long walk to get from lunch to the game. I enjoyed walking through the old Army fort, and through the neighborhoods on campus. It really feels more like a nice community, rather than a college campus. Lots of neat houses where Lieutenants and their families live.

The game was fun-- TCU won. It was fun watching the cadets and their traditions. Each time Army makes a touchdown, the freshman all have to jump out of the bleachers and onto the field and do push-ups. Also, a canon is shot off each time they score. A few cadets did a gun drill at half-time. I enjoyed talking with the older man sitting next to me-- we were in the TCU section, so he was a sweet old Texan. He spilled his hot chocolate ALL over himself-- I felt bad for him, but then we really got a good laugh about it together-- he was funny. 
For some reason, I love how they shaved and
colored the "A" on all their horses behinds

You may have to click on this one and enlarge
it to see the freshman doing their push-ups

There were a couple of other "new" things I did while Rob was in the City.
We spent some time in the park and for the first time, I went to the top of Shakespeare's castle. It did have a great view of the park.
The Central Park Resevoir

The pond in CP with the row boats-- I love
this!

We also went to a great steak restaurant--Uncle Jack's -- and saw Spamalot. Now Spamalot isn't exactly the kind of humor I enjoy, but it was a Broadway show, so the singing and dancing were excellent as always. And the show was actually a pretty fun one-- they even had me singing along at the end!
No comments:
Post a Comment