
So, what's next?? You may remember me mentioning a great interview I had at a Media Ad firm, but I felt I was probably underqualified. Well, they liked me so much that they ended up creating a new position for me that they felt I was more qualified for. Sounds great, right? I was hoping so until I heard what the position and pay was. I wasn't really interested in the duties I would have had and I would have been severely underpaid. So, I turned their offer down. I may regret that later-- I guess any job is better than no job at all! But, I do have some other leads. I had an "exploratory" interview at Warner Music. They most likely don't have a position currently open for me now, but it went really well and the HR lady was very interested in me for future reference and even mentioned passing my resume on to other people she knows! Today, I had an interview at the NHL. Don't get too excited about getting free Stars tickets, though! It went great and seems like a good environment and culture. They were worried that I'm OVERqualified for their position. Geez! What's the deal?? I don't think I am and tried to convince them of that as well, so we'll see where that leads. It was the longest interview ever-- over 2.5 hours and I met with 5 people! Crazy!!
The last week and a half have been busy, busy, in my personal life as well, so expect some blog catching-up from me over the next couple of days!!!
2 comments:
Hang in there, Susan. Job-hunting is the pits, but I'm sure you'll find something awesome soon! Praying for you...
Bethany
That is awesome that you have already had several interviews. I am sure it is hard not knowing what will come next, but you seem to be in really good spirits. I love reading your blog so I look forward to hearing about what has been going on.
Post a Comment