Saturday, October 14, 2006

Interview Update

I had my first interview yesterday. I met with 3 people...Controller, Ass't Controller, and HR Director. Amazingly the Controller is from Houston, her 2 sisters went to school at Baylor and now live in Dallas, she went to A&M, and I'd bet that she's a Christian. We had a lot in common! And what are the odds of me getting to work for a Christian in Manhattan-- slim to none! The company is a Media Advertising Firm. They are VERY laid back, have a fun atmosphere, yet are professionals. Their finance group seems like a great place to work as they really invest in people and develop them. The hours are pretty much 9-5, with little overtime during month-end.

But, I'm pretty sure I am under-qualified for the job and I think they thought so too. I am working through a head-hunter and spoke with them several times yesterday. The head-hunters seem to think that they really liked me, but are trying to find a different position that would suite me better either there or at one of their sister companies. We'll see, but I'm excited about the possibility!

My mom came in last night! We're headed off to do one of the red double-decker bus tours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great! It is always encouraging to have a good interview - especially at the beginning of the process. I hope you find something that you really like.

Enjoy your time with your mom!

Bethany said...

Thanks for the update!! I'm praying that you'll find a fabulous new job. Have a great time with your mom!!

Bethany