Saturday morning, I woke up and whipped up a fruit salad and then went to Claire's for a lovely brunch with Ema and Ryann. Claire always out does herself and this was no exception! We had delicious bacon wrapped poached eggs, chocolate chip scones, and bread with goat cheese and lemon chutney served with Mimosas and some hot tea (Mariage Freres..my favorite, but in a flavor I've never had before). The four of us sat around the table for close to 3 hours just catching-up and had so much fun! We hope to make this a monthly thing.
I was able to take a lovely walk in Central Park on Saturday afternoon. The weather this winter has been so crazy (in a good, but starting to weird me out kind of way).
Then, Saturday evening I met Rosella and Alejandra to see the new Broadway musical, Once, based on the movie of the same name. It was really good! The music is fantastic and the whole cast is on stage the entire show and they all can sing and play 1 or more instruments. I really love the songs in the show and have been listening to the Broadway soundtrack a lot! Afterwards, we wanted to get a small bite to eat or a drink and we randomly ended up at McDonald's! (I know - the horror!). But, we saw their ad for Shamrock Shakes and we were curious and then we realized that combining the Irish play with Shamrock Shakes would make quite a theme for the evening, so there was no turning back then. And the shakes were pretty good - minty deliciousness!
No comments:
Post a Comment