Tuesday, February 08, 2011

More Movies!

I continue to check-off Oscar nominated movies from my to-see list!  In additon to ones I previously saw here and here, I've seen a few more in the past week or so:

- Mindy and I grabbed dinner at Whole Foods 2 Fridays ago.  Why don't we do this more often?!  So yummy, easy, convenient, and inexpensive!  Afterwareds, we saw Barney's Version.  I liked it.  Found it to be slow at times.  Didn't love it.

- Netflix sent me Animal Kingdom.  I didn't know what to expect of this.  Once I got used to the accents, I got really into it and actually kind of liked it.  Even though it is a pretty awful, depressing story.

- This past Friday, I went with Lucy and Angela to Dogmatic (love it).  Then we went to see Winter's Bone.  I nearly had no expectations for this one and quite liked it!

- Saturday night, Stacy and I went to see Blue Valentine.  I was soooo frustrated by this movie.  I really had been looking forward to this one.  There were parts of the story that were never explained and the ending felt totally unresolved.  Stacy asked if it was a book first?!  I don't know the answer to that, but maybe it was and maybe the book includes the rest of the story that I felt like we were missing!  Pretty much a disappointmment, but I did enjoy Michelle William's and she's up for the Oscar (though there's no way she'll beat Portman).

1 comment:

nicole said...

I just saw the list of Oscar nominations. I think it's very telling that the only ones I have seen on the entire list of the biggies - Toy Story 3 and Alice in Wonderland....and I do believe I saw both of those in Dallas last - one at the theater, and one we rented while at your sisters! I'm such a movie recluse!