I was, yet again, annoyed with package delivery in Manhattan last week. I've gotten to where I have most packages sent to my office because it is so much easier. USPS, FedEx, and UPS usually won't leave packages at my apartment unless I am there. And when am I ever there during package delivery times?! Well, never ever, unless I am home sick. They're during work hours and I think that is so stupid. I have this idea in mind of a new delivery company that delivers in the evenings or on weekends. It's not too bad with USPS because it's close to my apartment and only a slight hassle to pick something up. UPS is way off the beaten path and I have had to go there multiple times to pick things up - big pain! This week was my first time to experience a Fed Ex delivery. There was a note left on the door that they were trying to deliver something on Valentine's Day. I wasn't expecting anything and I thought maybe my dad was reviving his old tradition of giving me something on Valentine's Day (Can we take just a minute to discuss the issue of being a younger sibling? The oldest sibling seems to come out best on the gift receiving end of things. When Santa stopped bringing her gifts, he stopped bringing me gifts, too. She got 3 more years of Santa than I did! And when she got married, apparently my dad stopped being either of our Valentine's. Hmmm, maybe I need to point this out to him). Anyway, the note from FedEx said my package was in the Bronx and would be there for pick-up. The Bronx?!? Are they serious? I never, ever go to the Bronx and it would take a good chunk of my Saturday afternoon to get there and back. I was annoyed. I called and they were still telling me it was in the Bronx. I asked who it was from and when they said some company in Michigan that I had never heard of before. I decided I might just let them return it to the sender, but I eventually got them to agree to a plan where they would at least deliver it to a FedEx store in Manhattan.
I picked the package up on Friday after work. What was inside? Well, apparently I entered a Lean Cuisine contest at some point and I won a custom designed plate....created by none other than Teri Hatcher. Random! It is soooo ugly. It's definitely going in the trash. I would have thought Teri would have been better at a project like this. The colors are atrocious! I have no idea why it says "Yes" all over it, but it must have something to do with the contest or with Lean Cuisine's marketing campaign.
And look how she signed the back. What the heck does
"The 8-Ball Series" mean?
So, thank goodness I didn't travel to the Bronx for this beauty. I wonder if I could sell it on ebay for good money to some Teri Hatcher stalker?
6 comments:
Don't throw it in the trash. I'm sure someone would pay some money for it - not me though. I agree - not the prettiest thing I've ever seen.
How weird! A solid white plate would have been so much better.
Maybe Jessica can use it as a centerpiece at her wedding! It's totally her style :-)
Oh my gosh I just laughed so hard at this post. I can just imagine you opening the box only to find this treasure inside. Oh man. Good stuff. I think you should send the plate to Maggie because she's a huge Teri Hatcher fan. HUGE.
That's hilarious! I'm sure you could get something for it!
'cause Terri Hatcher really needs Lean Cuisine!
Wow.
I have a guess that "The 8 Ball Series" plus all the yes's mean that this had something to do with a Magic 8 Ball??? Like she had to turn one up, and hers said "yes" and so that's what she put. So weird!
Post a Comment