While most of our weekend was full of wedding activity, we did get to experience a little LA time while we were there. We stayed at the Marriott Marina del Rey. It's kind of a weird area with not a whole lot immediately around it. We were walking distance to Venice Beach and Jessica and I headed that direction as we were the first to arrive to the hotel and were in need of a little lunch after several hours of flying. I wish I had done a little more research on this area as I would have loved to have seen the shops and restaurants along the canals, but I wasn't really aware of that area at the time. We headed towards the beach and found a restaurant near there to get some food and then walked a bit around the beach. It was not good weather at all, so we decided to head back to the hotel to meet Kate and Maggie who had arrived by then.
View from Marriott Marina Del Rey
Venice Beach
If I had known at the time that this cute little residential
canal led to ones with shops and restaurants, I'd have
braved the rain and cold and explored more!
On Sunday morning, we got up and showered and ready for an excursion to Santa Monica. Kate's law school friend who lives in LA was super sweet to pick us up and escort us! I had read about a fabulous hotel on one of the design blogs I read - The Viceroy. I did a little research and found out they had a restaurant that offered brunch, so we decided to check that out. The hotel did not disappoint...a design lovers haven! We explored the lobby, bar, outdoor area, restrooms, etc... before sitting in the restaurant to eat. The restaurant was cool as well and the food was good.
The Reception Desk
With Kate & Jessica outside
Outdoor Pool Area
I was surprised to see the exact same black & white
white Spode plates I own used as decor all over the hotel!
Amazing Cabanas
I'd love to spend a day right here
Lobby
Next rainy day, let's grab a book and
lounge in one of these chairs all day.
I love this arrangement of white
and green framed mirrors
Notice those white x-benches??
Bar
Entry to bathroom
I love that light fixture. And wallpaper.
Bathroom
Green Tile!
More Black & White plates in the restaurant!
Kate & Litsa
Maggie & Kelly
Jessica & I
Afterwards, we headed towards 3rd Street for a little shopping. I was hoping it would be smaller local stores, but it was all the normal stuff, which was fine and allowed the girls to get some stuff they wanted/needed (like anti-FRIZZ products because of the horrible weather!) . It was actually a great little trip away from the hotel and perfect place for us to go with the time we had.
The girls were only in LA for less than 48 hours, so this was all we could fit in besides the wedding. I was off the morning after the wedding for a little excursion on my own...more on that to come!







No comments:
Post a Comment