Saturday, November 21, 2009

Flea Market Finds

There is a great flea market on the weekends just a short walk from my apartment. I don't go there often enough, but went this past weekend with some very specific things in mind I wanted to try to find. I lucked out and found 2 of the things on my list! I got my first pair of cowboy boots! I have lived 14 years of my life in Texas and never owned cowboy boots, but I move to NYC for 4 years and can't live without a pair :) I also got some much needed shelves for my kitchen. I had some shelves in there from the previous tenant, but had all kinds of problems with keeping them on the walls. So, I had a bunch of stuff that's been sitting on my kitchen floor since last spring just waiting for a home. I finally found them one. So excited!


I kept pretty busy the rest of last weekend. Friday night I went to see David Crowder band with Kim. A Baylor/Texas/Christian boy band playing in NYC...of course we had to go! I'd never seen them live and was SHOCKED at Crowder's accent when he talks. I never would have expected such a thick Texas twang out of him.

Saturday morning we had our Member's Brunch for church. It was a good time hearing the future vision for our church community. Lots of changes expected, but I hope it's all good!

Saturday night, I went to Robyn's birthday party. A couple of her girlfriends threw her an Italian bash at their apartment. We had wine, cheese, Italian meats, and a delicious chocolate tort. We also had lots of fun talking and laughing together.

I've done much better with my 10k training last week and officially made it to 4-miles last Sunday. Yea! Three more weeks to get up to 6 miles - I think I can do that.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Gorgeous boots! I still wear my pair that I got at that NYC flea market taht you took us to. I want you to take us to a flea market or two in April pretty please! I could use another pair of boots!